Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 9 and Day 10

Day 9 (yesterday)-

A girl named Heidi taught class, she said she was from Paradise Valley, AZ. It was the 9AM class... I was very very tight. The heat was too dry, barely any humidity. This is all I have to say about this class really... I was very frustrated cause I wasn't feeling any heat and my body was very stiff.

Day 10 (today)-

Interesting day. I took the 10:30AM class to warm up for the 12:15 Advanced class. There was no way I was going to go straight into that room and do advanced postures, I needed to be pliable. The 10:30AM was surprisingly hot. I loved it. I think it was because of all the bodies in the room, all of the competitors. It was the hottest class I've taken there so far and I was just soaking it up. A girl named Alison taught (I think that was her name). I know I saw her taking Emmy's class on Tuesday and during her backward bend she touched the floor without struggle... pretty insane, pretty neat.

After the 10:30AM, I went and got a vitamin water... which I have been avoiding since I've been out here. Cutting back on the sugar and stacking up on the real veg/fruit juice (just because I can; it's so much more accessible here in CA than at home). Advanced was rough. I was all slippery and slimy. We moved very very very very very fast. Very fast. Very very fast. I think that just bears repeating. Don't get me wrong, when I do advanced class in Annapolis, we move fast, but Bikram kept saying "faster, we need to move faster, quick and fast, like an American marriage" haha. Emmy was the one who had the mic on, but Bikram would say things every now and again. Like during the first backbend we are all backward bending and all of a sudden I hear this big exclamation of , "FUUUCK!!!!!!!" It was Bikram... I had to laugh, it was great. He's very down to earth and has a certain charm about him that you can't help but love. Emmy was quite hilarious as well. After Bikram said "fuck" she said "uh oh, I better get the soap" in her Latvian accent. It was great. So memorable. **I also remember Bikram saying that eagle pose felt "like high school sex." ....what that means, I don't know, but it was funny.

Advanced at HQ was incredibly inspiring. After practicing in the same room as the creator of the series and being surrounded by so many champions and so much peace and talent, I cannot wait to return home with all that I have learned and put it to use.

Plus, I actually miss my home studio very much.

I'm getting ready for the dinner now. I'm very nervous. I don't know why. I guess cause it's my first competition and I don't know any of these people. Oh well. Here goes.

I hope the snow is starting to get plowed so you can get to do your yoga.

I miss you,

A.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment